PIDP 3230 – Evaluation of Learning
Vancouver Community College
July 4, 2017
– All formal assessment strategies align and support the goals of the module with an appropriate mark allocation (see Table 1 and Table 2 of Evaluation Plan).
– All technical specifications have been met: Evaluation Plan reflects the entire module and contains 4 assessment strategies, with a cover page included.
Level of Mastery: 4
Self-Assessment Evaluation Plan A
– Responses reflect congruence with the Evaluation Plan and answers to the guiding questions reflect breadth and depth:
Because the module is a hypothetical course, its strategies for evaluation are theoretical only and have not been put into action. However, cognitive knowledge, along with demonstrative self and peer-assessment are an important part of oral surgery.
– Issues may exist with the Evaluation Plan:
The module has not been tested in “real-life;” there has been no opportunity to informally or formally assess learning, instructing, and evaluation.
– Answers are clear and thought out.
All guiding questions are answered, but the main source of research and reference material is the PIDP 3230 assigned readings in Fenwick and Parson’s The Art of Evaluation; research into other Evaluation literature could have provided a balance.
Level of Mastery: 3